• Decrease font size
  • Reset font size to default
  • Increase font size
Merapi Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect?
shadowfist (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect? 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 0  
Does anyone know a way to create a bridge instance in flex/flash that does not automatically attempt to connect to Java when it is being created?

Nothing I have tried has worked.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jenswegar (User)
graphgraph
Re:Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect? 3 Weeks, 5 Days ago Karma: 0  
Set the autoConnect property of the Bridge to false before creating your bridge instance, then call Bridge.connect() once you're ready to have the connection opened:

Code:

Bridge.autoConnect = false; var bridgeInstance:BridgeInstance = new BridgeInstance(); // When ready to open connection to bridge Bridge.connect();

Logged Logged  
shadowfist (User)
graphgraph
Re:Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect? 3 Weeks, 1 Day ago Karma: 0  
Let me rephrase.

Anyway to create a Bridge object without connecting, attach event listeners for IOEventError.IO_ERROR, then connect?

Logged Logged  
eldalai (User)
graphgraph
Re:Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect? 5 Days, 23 Hours ago Karma: 0  
How?? if java is not present, i get this error. In my app, java-merapi not alwais is present

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2031: Socket Error.
at merapi::Bridge$/connect()[/Users/adam/dev/os/merapi/svn/branches/private-beta-v2/core/flex/merapi-core/src/merapi/Bridge.as:169]

Code:

var bridgeInstance : BridgeInstance; private function init():void{ Bridge.autoConnect = false; bridgeInstance = new BridgeInstance(); bridgeInstance.addEventListener( IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, handleConnectFailureError ); bridgeInstance.addEventListener( SecurityErrorEvent.SECURITY_ERROR, handleConnectFailureError ); Bridge.connect(); }

Logged Logged  
shadowfist (User)
graphgraph
Re:Anyway to create Bridge obj in AS without connect? 4 Days, 19 Hours ago Karma: 0  
Correct. I am trying to catch that exception, but there is no way to create the Bridge object in Flex to allow you to catch that error.

This error is why I asked this question.

Logged Logged  
Go to top Post Reply